Monday, May 18, 2015

Park to Pier Swim

Saturday 5/16/15 

Practice with coach Jenna in SCY 

Warm?  I was a little late, but I think it was some stroke and free
500 choice

Kick set
7 x 100 (fins) @ 1:50

1 Ez
2 fast
1 Ez
2 fast
1 Ez

Main Swim or stroke or IM
6 x 75 @ 1:05 or 1:10 or 1:15
6 x 50
5 x 75
5 x 50
4 x 75
4 x 50
3 x 75
3 x 50
2 x 75
2 x 50

cool 100

Sunday morning Russ and I drove to Lowerdermilk Park to meet up with the Naples Area Triathletes for an organized 2.4mile ocean swim. The course started at Lowdermilk Beach Park and finished at the Pier in downtown Naples. It was a small group of 15 or so that swam.  Russ rode his bike around, then met me at the finish. The conditions were calm and perfect. We are not allowed to swim under the pier and I was informed to not go to the end of the pier since people are fishing there, and that's where the sharks are. Roger that!!

Looking forward to a good workout....


Even though I felt like I took it easy, I felt feeling arm fatigue towards the end.   For the entire swim, I could see a  paddle boarder to my right. She was there to help out with navigation.  It was a straight shot, and the only obstacle, were some pylons that jutted out into the water from shore. Other than that it was smooth sailing. So beautiful!  As I approached the pier, I spotted Russ walking on the beach, I was happy to see him!  He told me that I finished around 48 minutes. I will most likely swim this again on May 30th. with a friend from the pool that wants to swim it before she returns to MN. 

Naples Pier is pretty spectacular, and there are dozens of cool photographs on-line. Sorry - Russ was in charge of the camera, and he didn't get one. I'll try for one next time.

After the swim, we returned home and I cooked up a monster breakfast for us which we devoured pool side. 

Every morning at 7:30am when I return from swim practice, I have to go through a guarded gate, and show the attendant my pass.  I routinely see the same person, a pleasant young woman, with long reddish hair.   It's always a very brief encounter, so I don't know much about her.  This morning when I returned from practice, she was not there, and I was so surprised, almost disappointed.  I inquired with the  substitute attendant, a gentleman, who I recognized as working a different shift, as to where she was, and he said that her son had had a surgery.  As I drove off,  my immediate thought was, I want to give him a 'get well' card.  I needed to buy a bunch of cards for various birthdays, plus my nieces graduation, so what was one more card?  Plus, I just wanted to give him some good cheer, since having a surgery can be painful.  I hope she will be at work tomorrow, so I can present her with the card for her son, who I found out is in his mid 20's. It was not clear as to what kind of surgery her had, but no matter, as long as he heals up and feels better.

This morning's practice was LCM with coach Kevin

Monday 5/18/15


Warm
200 swim/200 kick/ 200 pull/ 200 swim

Preset:
10 x 50 kick (fins) @ :10rest
10 x 50 swim (no fins) @ :55  

Main:  Big ladder. I finished this set, and modified by pulling some of the 100s.
6 x 100 @ 1:45
6 x 50 @ 1'
5 x 100 @ 1:40 (pull)
5 x 50 @ 1'
4 x 100 @ 1:35
4 x 50 @ 1'
3 x 100 @ 1:30 (pull)
3 x 50 @ 1'
2 x 100 @ 1:30
2 x 50 @ 1'
1 x 100 @ 1:30
1 x 50 @ 1'

Warm down 100
I was so tired by the middle of the set, but hung in there. 

Happy Laps!





No comments: