Friday, February 13, 2009

Momentum Crit Series #2

John, myself, and Steve cool down after the men's Senior race. The course is wideopen with no technical turns. There is a headwind on the start/finish stretch, and a tail wind on the other stretch. The event takes place on the flight line of the Marine Corp base in Kaneohe. The race went well for our team. There were 28 riders in the field. John got 3rd. I got 8th. I'm not sure what Steve got, but our other teammate placed 6th. After the men's race 45 min. race, I did the women's race, which was only 30 minutes long. There were only 8 or 9 women in the field. We had three HACC representatives. I decidedthat I would try to get away and stay away which is what I did.

I love the mountains in the background. I took a few opportunities to go to the front of the men's race to really get my heart rate up. I think the next guy is wondering who was going to go after me. No one was able to stay away due to the headwind and the level playing field of the pack.

I like how our team is packed together in the middle. Very cool.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: